Thursday, October 27, 2011

AFTER BREAK-UP (PART-2)


“Alright alright, I don’t want to force you for anything”, Sagnik said.
“Thank you”, Dipanita replied.
“Well, in that case you please continue your story”, Bidya said to Sagnik.
“Oh yes”, he said and smiled.
……
……
……
“Wh..aa..at, ar..e y..ouu…”
“You??? Oh my God, you are mr. S? What were you talking about Anchal?” she enquired, totally astounded. Sagnik looked back to the text but till then his cell got discharged, he was totally confused.
Suddenly Smitha got a call; it was Aditi on the other side. At first she got no pluck to pick up the call hence she disconnected the line. Once again Aditi gave her a call and then finally she got to receive it.
“Hi”, Smitha said timidly.
“What’s wrong with you? Where were you? I was calling you since long.”
“Actually… umm…”
“Anyways, I wanted to say that I’m very happy”, Aditi said merrily.
“Why???” she pretended. So I guess there problem got solved, Sagnik and she got committed. I wish…
“We exchanged number yesterday night and we talked over the phone the whole night and it was awesome talking to him”, she did sound very happy.
“That’s sounds great. What about your date with Sagnik?”
“Date??? Sagnik??? I couldn’t get you”, she said.
“Today you were about to meet your internet guy, isn’t?”
“No, we are going to meet next Friday”, she said.
“What???”
For a moment Sagnik gazed at her and couldn’t think of composing any sentence, the weirdest thing had happened to him. The girl he couldn’t get out of his mind was standing infront of him, he almost forgot about Smitha’s text.
“Anchal??? But … Oh, my god”, he said.
“Mr. S???  You???” she was surprised too.
“Ms. A???  You???”
“Hold on a second, what did you just say?” she enquired.
“Well, I am freaked out myself, you are ms. A?” What did Smitha text? She said about Aditi…
“Well, you were talking about… Anchal, is that Anchal me or someone else?” she winked at him and he blushed. Later Sagnik said her everything, how he felt for Anchal and he even apologized; she got convinced too. Sagnik was very happy that his ‘Ms. A’ was none but Anchal herself but at the same time he was terrified about Smitha’s text. After their meeting got over, they decided to chat at night and ofcourse they exchanged their numbers. As soon as Sagnik reached home, he called back Smitha and enquired what the matter was?
“Hi”, she said.
“I couldn’t get your text regarding Aditi.”
“Oh, I heard that your meeting got cancelled, so excited about next Friday?”
“Cancelled?? Who told you??? I had my date with ‘ms. A’, infact I had an awesome day”, he said.
“What? But Aditi said your meeting got cancelled…”
“No, how did she come to know about my date?”
“Isn’t she your ‘ms. A’?”
“No, my ‘ms. A’ is my Anchal”, he giggled.
“Who is this Anchal?” Smitha enquired and then she told Sagnik the entire conversation with Aditi and her internet guy. For an instant, Sagnik couldn’t believe his ears, he then decided to give a call to Aditi and ask her the entire matter. He disconnected the line and rang Aditi and whereas Smitha, she was completely confounded after hearing Sagnik’s part of story.
“Hello, Aditi”, Sagnik said.
“Yup, say…”
“What’s the matter regarding the internet guy? I’m confused.”
“Who told you?”
“Lizard, ofcourse, she was almost crying”, he said and narrated the entire thing including his story, Anchal and ofcourse the date.
“What?? Oh, my God”, she laughed hard. “I can’t believe this…”
“Arrey, why are you laughing?”
“Sorry… sorry”, she giggled. “Actually I was imagining if what Smitha said is true, means you and me…”
“Shut up, Aditi”, Sagnik mocked. “Well, you never said about your internet guy…”
“I tried to confess, you remembered my birthday party and I wanted to say something…”
“Oh! Yes.”
“My internet guy was not from our locality, he is from Delhi and we never met each-other but we exchanged our photos”, she said.
“Aditi, I’m very happy. I met my ‘ms. A’ and she is my angel”, he blushed.
“Aww… our life is so very same isn’t it? I mean our love story is so much same”, she said innocently.
“Ya, ofcourse and that’s the reason we are best friends.”
They chatted for a while and then called Smitha and were talking in conference. They cleared every mess and laughed very hard, though it was difficult for Smitha to digest everything but she didn’t grumble at all. Everything was moving so smooth, Sagnik and Anchal started conversing over the telephone late into nights. Love was in the air, the innocent love just learnt to fly high. Both of them planned their first date, they were about to meet near the some Mandir. J
“I’m coming, just wait for few minutes, please”, Sagnik said.
“Ya, come soon”, Anchal replied. She waited nearly for forty-five minutes; Sagnik somehow reached the spot and he managed to bring sweets for her. When Sagnik was standing at the other side of the road, he saw Anchal wearing a red churidar and indeed she looked stunning.
“Hi, I’m sorry for being late”, he said.
“Ya, it’s ok”, she smiled.
“Let’s go.”
“Umm... actually I have a request to you”, she stammered.
“What? Are you okay?”
“Actaully, could you please maintain a distance from me, the people over here know me well”, she said.
“Oh, ya, whatever you say…” what, I can’t even hold your hand? This is not done!!
Then they hired a taxi and went to College Street, in the mean time Anchal gave Sagnik her pencil sketch which she had done of her own. She was an incredible sketcher and the sketch did impress Sagnik a lot. He was very happy to see the sketch and then he gave her some sweets which he brought from Gangurams but she refused to take them.
“I’m sorry, I can’t take them”, she apologized.
“Why?”
“I can’t take, that’s it”, she said and looked away. For a moment, Sagnik felt weird about her behavior but he didn’t say a word. He tried to be normal as he could sense something wrong with her. They reached College Street, the place was of huge rush generally; that day it was comparatively less. Sagnik took his camera and was busy taking pictures of the scenario where as Anchal was busy buying Bible or Gita kind of books. Sagnik then focused Anchal while she was busy gazing at the books; he kept on clicking till he realized that he got enough for the moment to be cherished. While Anchal wasn’t looking at him, he was busy looking at each girls that passed by and then he pretended that he didn’t notice them. After the work was done, Sagnik asked her to accompany him to the café but she hesitated like a sulky child.
“What’s wrong with you?” Sagnik enquired.
“Nothing”, she said and looked away.
“Please…”
Finally she agreed and they went to the nearby café and ordered noodles. Sagnik took out his personal diary and gave it to Anchal; she looked at him and smiled.
“I want you to write something about me”, he said.
“Well, good-points or bad ones”, she giggled.
“Your wish”, he winked at her. While she was busy writing, he once again clicked few pictures of her. When he showed his photography, Anchal was almost in tears, she was very much impressed with his works.
“You are the best photographer I have ever come across”, she said.
“Oh! Really, thank you so much sweet heart.”
“Please can we go somewhere else, I want to talk to you”, she requested.
“What’s wrong with the cafe?”
“Please…”
“Okay”, he said. They went out of the café and went to the nearby park and sat at the pool side. Sagnik looked at Anchal and she was very restless, he tried to make her laugh but he failed at it.
“How much do you love me?” Anchal enquired, she wasn’t looking at him.
“A lot”, he replied and held her hand for the first time. She looked at him and her eyes were full of tears.
“I want to give IIT”, she said.
“What? Oh…”
“But they won’t allow me to live my life”, she sobbed.
“Who???”
“My parents… my family they are very conservative and orthodox, they are very back-dated.”
“This is indeed sickening, what’s wrong if you want to pursue IIT.”
“My brother…”
“What???”
“He is jealous of me in every aspect, since we were small. I don’t know why is he so upset with me, I always tries to please him but he always wants me to get tortured.”
“Calm down sweetheart, stop crying”, he hugged her tightly.
“I’m afraid that he would tell mom and dad about our relationship”, she sobbed badly.
“Stop crying baby”, he said almost in tears.
“He came to know about us, he tracked my account. Though my youngest brother helped me a lot but I’m still afraid. He knew that today I was about to meet you…”
“Nothing will happen and if at all anything happens, you are not alone. I’m always by your side, forever.”
“You don’t know my family, they will kill me. For them their self-esteem and tradition is more valuable than their daughter’s life”, she said.
Ring!!!
“It’s Mom, ssshhhh”, she said and picked up the call. She talked for a while and then looked at him. She said that her mom sounded fretful and she got to depart instantaneously. She wiped away the tears and looked at him directly into his eyes and so did he, they kissed each-other. After a second or two, she hurried to the bus-stand but before she could go, Sagnik held her hand and pulled her towards himself.
“Please, take these sweets”, he requested. At first she hesitated a bit but then finally looking at his innocent expression she accepted her defeat. When Sagnik returned home, he looked at her pictures which he captured the whole day long and he lost himself in her memories. Her innocence attracted him more and at the same time he was worried about her. He didn’t know about their future but he made himself determined that no matter what happens he would never leave her alone. He would be her strength and support, he would never let her dishearten. Suddenly Sagnik’s cell beeped; it was Anchal’s text.
I shard dos sweets wid mom, dad n wid mah bros.. dey jus luvd it.. J
Wat about u, my luv?
I luv u, so naturally watevr u gft me, I’l luv dem.. J
I luv u so much mah angl, I wil nvr lev u my baby.
I’m so happy to hv u in mah lyf… :*
“You were with that guy, isn’t it?” the boy said.
“Oh, bhai… actually… I went to College Street to buy those books”, she stammered.
“Don’t lie, I got my eyes on you”, Avisek said sternly and then left. Anchal stood still, she was in trouble because she was sure that her brother would again do something wrong. She was getting herself mentally prepared for it, though it wasn’t a new thing for her; whenever she tried to be happy, her brother always created some nuisances and hurt her every time. All she was worried about Sagnik, he loved her crazily and this time he was also involved. The relation had to end someday because Anchal’s parents would never accept them but she never wanted it in a harsh way. She was completely devastated because Sagnik wasn’t the only reason, her boards were also about to knock the door and her dream of IIT would get shattered any moment. She worked so hard for her dreams but at that point of time, she could see only darkness. She never shared those stuffs with anyone; she was too lonely though she was surrounded by her loved ones. Things were going smooth on Sagnik’s side but what Anchal feared the most happened, her parents got aware of the relationship. Avisek told everything to her mother and her mother said the stuffs to her dad.
“Do you know this number?” Anchal’s father shouted her, showing her the mobile bill. She was terrified and looked helplessly at Avisek but he smiled.
“Papa, that’s my friend’s number”, Anchal’s younger brother, Rohaan said in her support. Anchal’s father looked at Rohaan in anger; the little boy swallowed a lump.
“No dad, Rohaan is lying, it’s his number, you call him back”, Avisek poked in.
“I think I should complain to police”, her dad said.
“Suniye ji, aap police mein complain karenge, kitni badnami hogi hamari”, Anchal’s mother said.
“Aapki beti ne kuch baki rakha kya?”
“No, papa, I’m sorry. I won’t do anything against you, I will listen to you, please don’t involve police”, she cried.
Slap! Slap!
Her father slapped her twice, blood oozed out from the corner’s of her lips. She looked helplessly but he showed no mercy.
“Aapko hum school pardne bheje the, yeh sab kya hai?”
“Papa, she started all these stuffs since the day you get her admitted in that coaching institute. She wanted to be an IITian so that she can run away with her guy”, Avisek added.
“No, papa, IIT is my dream, and Sagnik, he wasn’t involve in anyway”, she said.
“So, that’s his name”, her mother said. “You are so unabashed; there was no one like you in our family.”
“From today no coaching institute and no going out with friends, you only go to school and that to with the driver”; his father said unsympathetically and turned his back towards her.
“Please don’t do this papa, I want IIT more than anything in this world, don’t hurt me like this, I beg you.”
“Aapko pehle sochna chahiye tha…”
“Papa, please, I won’t talk to him…”
“Go to your room”, he shouted. She stood terrified, her dreams were shattered. She stood motionless and then she looked at her mother but she looked away. Rohaan held her hand and tried to comfort her.
“Papa asked you to go to your room, so go”, Avisek ordered.
“If any day I come to know that you spoke to that guy for one more time, I will kill him; I will not spare you even, you will be sent to our village and no more schooling for you after that…”
Her father sentenced the worst punishment; she ran back to her room and locked herself. She cried a lot, there were no-one with whom she could share her pain. She couldn’t contact Sagnik as she knew her father would do exactly what he had said; moreover she couldn’t hurt Sagnik for her foolishness.
“I shouldn’t have said him yes, I should have stayed alone. For the first time I felt so happy to be in his arms but…” she cried out loud and hugged her pillow. On the other side Sagnik called her cell-phone but it was switched off, he mailed her but she didn’t reply. He got worried but he could do nothing; he called Aditi for help but she too got no news of her. Anchal didn’t visit school for few days as she was afraid to face Sagnik and moreover she got to prepare for her IIT by herself. A week passed both Anchal and Sagnik were not in touch, and each day they missed each-other like anything. God didn’t show His mercy on their love, the wings of the young love was cut off before it could fly high.
“Di, you ok???” Rohaan asked naively.
“Yup”, she pretended to be very busy.
“Ap, chinta mat karo, mujhe pata hai Sagnik bhaiya apse bohut pyaar karte hai…”
She looked at her young brother, he was indeed so innocent. He was the only one in her family who loved her the most; he couldn’t bear his sister crying. She pulled her brother close and pressed his cheeks and tried hard to smile; a tear dropped from her left eye.
“Yeh chocolate main apke liye leke aya”, he said innocently and handed her the chocolate, she couldn’t control herself any longer and hugged him tightly.
“I love you Rohaan”, she said.
“I love you too didi”, he hugged her back. “Infact I bought something else for you…”
“What?” she asked. Rohaan managed to steal an old cell-phone which belonged to Avisek long time back but he didn't use the cell any longer.
“Nobody use this one and nobody cared for it, I used to play with this but now I think you need it more than myself”, he smiled. Anchal couldn’t believe her eyes; her brother bought her a cell-phone.
“Thank you”, she said and wiped out her tears.
“Di, Sagnik bhaiya bohut pareshan honge, you must call him”, he said. She looked at the cell-phone and she felt happy.








                                                            TO BE CONTINUED… J

No comments:

Post a Comment